Thursday, May 04, 2006

4 still dead in Ohio

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:37 PM Permalink

The Vid's and my timeline part a bit. She was 5 and I was in Junior High (the land before Middle School existed.) After the Kent State killings I wore a black armband to school in honor of the Kent State 4. I was attacked in study hall by several classmates. They held me down while a knife weilding compatriot cut the armband off. The 'teacher' of said study hall made himself absent during this attack.

When I eventually* made my way to the principal's office to complain, I saw my black armband in it's sliced state on his desk. He blamed me for the situation, and wanted to know what 'outside agitators' had 'forced' me to speak my mind.

When I started this post I didn't mean to make it about me, it's about Allison Krause, Jeffrey Miller, Sandra Scheuer, and William Schroeder.

In a better world they would still be here ... and still protesting about the war.

Peace everyone.




* I say 'eventually' because I had to pause a few times to regain my composure ... or to put it another way, I really wanted to stop crying after I had been held down with a knife at my throat while the armband was cut off.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Funny how it's YOUR fault.

Later that day in May, 1970, my mom said she got into a discussion about Kent state with our christian conservative landlady. The landlady's response to the Kent State melee? "Well, those students shouldn't have been there." So it was THEIR fault they got themselves shot.

Sweet Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home