Saturday, May 27, 2006

What is wrong with this country?

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:43 AM Permalink

Are we so paranoid and afraid that an air hammer can cause a lockdown of the capitol? A woman has a stress attack from fear? Secret words are needed? WTF?

I think we have to take a good hard look at how we've been manipulated and how fearful we all are. I live in NYC. I moved here in the 1980s. I was always fearful of being raped or mugged. But in my 20 years here, I've only been mugged once and it wasn't that big of a deal. They were total pussies and couldn't even get my bag from me or knock me out. Three big boys couldn't manage one little girl. Ha.

But now, the government, with the help of the media of course, has us so worked up, we look at any swarthy male with suspicion, an empty bag is cause for alarm and backfiring car will have us diving for cover. Of course, it doesn't help if our lawmakers are paranoid as well.
Excerpt: A US lawmaker admitted to being the source of the mistaken report of gunfire that sparked the mayhem amid worries that an armed intruder was on the loose in Congress, leading authorities to shut down parts of the legislative office complex for hours.

Republican Representative Jim Saxton (news, bio, voting record), speaking to Fox television, said he was in an elevator at the garage level of the Rayburn House Office building, when he heard what he thought was gunfire.
We're doomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home