Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fun with marketing calls

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:20 PM Permalink

Just got one of those marketing research calls. This one was all about gasoline companies and my perceptions of them. Heh heh heh. Poor guy, didn't know what hit him. When asked what gas company I used, I said "Citgo". When asked why, and I said "Citgo is owned by Venezuela. Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezuela, is one of the few who stand up to the American imperialist power. Therefore, I buy my gasoline from Citgo."

He laughed and there was a long delay. (I assume there was no box for that.) When asked about Exxon, I said "They screwed up Alaska." When asked about BP, I said "They made their logo green so that there would be an illusion that they're environmentally concerned, which of course they are not." He asked about pricing and who had more competitive prices, and I said "Well, I hardly think two or three cents is competitive."

Yes, all in all, I totally wasted an ad agency's -- and by extension -- a gas company's money.

That's a nice change of pace!

Oh, and Mr. Vidiot and I had a good laugh while we tried to picture how the guy was going to present that data to his boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home