Monday, February 19, 2007

Mardi Gras Blogging

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:43 AM Permalink

Well. not really Mardi Gras yet, but shortly. So far, we've eaten at Betsy's for breakfast (2 hours) and Mr. Vidiot had a shrimp po-boy for lunch that made him VERY happy. And for dinner, we went to Coops on Decatur which was pretty damn delicious. My biggest culture shock is the smoking in bars thing. I forgot how much I hated that. NYC, for all of its faults, at least you can go to a bar and not come home stinking like and ashtray.

The city is in much better shape than the last time I saw it in December of 2005. But Lakeview, the "new money" part of NOLA, hasn't even started to come back yet. I guess they had enough money for options. Most everyone else, like in Mid-City and Gentilly, had no choice. They had to rebuild. There are still FEMA trailers everywhere, but at least some neighborhoods feel like neighborhoods again.

I will try to post some pictures and links and stuff later. We gotta' boogie if we're going to not tick off the parental units.

Oh, and after a quick perusal of the news, it doesn't seem like we're missing much.... yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home