Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Resource of the Week

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:49 AM Permalink

There's a new website that tracks Congress using plain language and easy navigation called OpenCongress.org.
Excerpt: OpenCongress brings together official government information with news and blog coverage to give you the real story behind what's happening in Congress. Small groups of political insiders and lobbyists know what's really going on in Congress. Now, everyone can be an insider. OpenCongress is a free, open-source, non-profit, and non-partisan web resource with a mission to help make Congress more transparent and to encourage civic engagement. OpenCongress is a joint project of the Sunlight Foundation and the Participatory Politics Foundation.
I don't know about you, but every time I wanted to find out about a bill and I went to Thomas and damned if I could figure out anything useful. OpenCongress could become my new favorite website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home