Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am just so annoyed by everything.

posted by The Vidiot @ 5:08 PM Permalink

The war coverage is abysmal, the discussion of the economy is laughable, and the political rhetoric is abhorrent. Every time I read something about the elections, things like Hillary will most likely be the nominee, or Obama has no substance, or Dodd has no support, or Ron Paul is insane, or Giuliani is the front runner, or even the Uncle Fred even has a chance, I don't know, I just want to pull my hair out, because...

IT'S SUCH A GAWDAMNED FARCE

I mean, MSM won't say anything the owners of MSM doesn't want them to say. So anything that comes out of anyone's mouth on MSM -- and yes, that includes the precious Keith Olberman and Jon Stewart -- is vetted ahead of time, it's rehearsed to maximize its Orwellian effects and then spewed for maximum absorption.

Even the commercials are starting to really get to me. To the point that everywhere I look, I see advertising. There's this constant background noise, this imagery and sound, a mish-mosh, a cacophony, I feel like the Grinch saying "All of the noise, noise, noise" and squinching my face and trying to hide my eyes and plug my ears.

Is anyone else as tired of it as I am? Am I the only one who feels these assaults on such a visceral level?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are referring to that blackness that descends onto the soul and suffocates it with the meaningless trivia of life today so inane, so insane, and suffering the remembrance of pain that should have faded oh-so-long-ago, but never does, as it crushes your spirit beneath the weight of that cacophony of voices that never cease, and just keeps up a steady rhythm of noise that chokes off your breath, shuts down the logical processes of the mind, and thrusts you into the throes of panic and anxiety attacks that paralyzes all hope, I think I might know what that's like.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

Yep. See "Outrage Fatigue" post above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home