Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wow. By happenstance comes some quick answers.

posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:10 PM Permalink


Just after posting the questions I would want a candidate to answer I received an e-mail from Senator Chris Dodd regarding a recent speech. Check out these direct quotes:
"On the very first hour, of the very first day on January 20, 2009, as I have fought for over the last number of years in this administration -- I will restore to the American people, the Constitution of the United States."

"You're gonna get your Constitution back! You're gonna get your Constitution back."

"No more Abu Ghraibs!"

"No more Guantanamos!"

"No more torture!"

"No more rendering!"

"No more providing retroactive immunity for companies that turned over their records to the Bush Administration without a court order!"

"No more waterboarding!"

"No more denying people habeas corpus in this country, a right that has existed for 900 years!"

"And there will be no more Attorney Generals of the United States who believe an American President is above the law."

"That's gonna change."
Why can't, or won't, the rest of the candidates speak in such a forthright way?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

That was a powerful statement by Dodd, and very smart of his team to reply so quickly.

Excellent work Bill, nice reminder that we can call, email, snailmail our congress critters, (and other sources), and sometimes it works.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My missives often go unanswered due to the fact that authority and/or a person's status does not impress me, so I tend towards being outspoken and just a tad aggressive - qualities "people of stature" don't like because they want people to fear them.

I've had many, "Oh, god, I've gone too far this time!" moments that I'll write about.

But, as usual, yer right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home