Monday, February 06, 2006

Muslim Caricatures

posted by The Vidiot @ 12:36 PM Permalink

I've not been following the uproar regarding the Muhammad caricatures too closely. I had to erase my hard drive this weekend and I didn't follow the news too closely (Grandpa Munster is dead?!) George Ure, over at Urban Survival thinks the caricature thing is this century's equivalent to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. I hope he's wrong.

Is it a manufactured controversy? I have no idea. Is it a defamation of Muhammad? Again, I have no idea. It certainly is violent though. Like I said, I've not been following it too closely, but I have to say, if someone did a caricature of Jesus torturing people a la the Spanish Inquisition, I would find it distasteful, but I wouldn't burn anybody's embassy over it.

I'm just saying.

Update: Don't know how I feel about this, but it certainly is one way to fight back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home