Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Brain Damage...

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:48 AM Permalink

I feel terrible not posting very much. But I have a very good reason.

So, funny thing, I've been feeling like crap lately and I went to the doctor, and guess what? I have a brain malformation. Well, OK, anyone who knows me might've suspected that right off the bat. But, it gets better.

Not only is it getting worse, the only way to make it stop getting worse is to {gulp} operate. It's called decompression surgery. Yeah, so, I'll basically have the same haircut I had during my 'punk years' during the 80s.

So that's why I've not been posting much. Just trying to deal with what's been going on. Surgery will probably happen mid to late April. I have a few nasty MRI-type things to go thru between now and then. I'll be posting until then and while I'm out of it (and I'll be quite the shrew, I imagine. Woe to my caretaker.) The Sailor of course will be able to manage things and I'll find someone to fill in a bit for me as well.

No worries. I'll be fine. Full of piss and vinegar as always.

And we can be sure that that the powers that be won't be taking a vacation from from screwing things up.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you head. Hope it all works out. Stick with the bike riding if you can. I find the open road on 2 wheels so liberating. Nothing beats a summer ride through the wilderness when there is nothing but the bumps in the road and the sun over the horizon to keep you focused. If only we had good enough weather for me to justify that Harley..

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

I wish I could, but a) i'm no mechanic and the bikes are going to have to sit for a while and b) i could use the money not having them frees up.

Such is life. I had a long run there. Time to move on.

But from now on, the first warm days of spring will be a little tougher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home