Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Religious Conundrum

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:50 AM Permalink

Can't blog a lot. I spilled coffee on my keyboard. (Ackkk) But I was wondering about this "State bill proposes Christianity be Missouri's official religion"
Excerpt: Jeff Sharp, county attorney for Barren County, and a church youth group are surveying all Kentucky legislators and legislative candidates with a single question: "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?"
Now, here's my question:

If you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you surrender your will and you give it to God. Now, as a political leader, you're supposed to represent the will of the people, NOT the will of God. In fact, you take an oath to uphold the Constitution. But, when you get saved, you take an oath to uphold the will of God. The two positions are diametrically opposed.

No?

Prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home