Wednesday, March 01, 2006

ohmygawd ohmygawd ohmygawd

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:20 PM Permalink

Well, we knew the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act would be renewed. There is a GOP majority after all. But there were two slaps in the face that happened with it.

First, GOPers blocked, actually BLOCKED, amendments that would've safeguarded civil liberties. How is that EVEN defensible?? Then to throw salt on the wound, the vote wasn't even close! 95-4! Appalling!

What the hell is going on up there??!! You know, today, I had to run an errand in the city. I work in the city but I rarely ever leave work to do anything. Anyway, so I'm walking down 14th Street, heading east and somewhere between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue, I saw a convoy of police cars, traveling in a long column, heading west. They had their lights on, but no sirens. Two old guys were standing on the sidewalk shaking their heads and I overheard them saying "What the hell is that all about?" and I walked up to them and said "This is what a police state looks like, huh?" And they both nodded. Then I said "They do that so that when it really happens, people aren't freaked out by seeing so many police cars. They're desensitizing us." And they nodded their heads. They knew I was right.

I'll probably see those guys again... when we're all sitting in a civilian prison camp because we're considered members of the so-called 5th Column.

This IS what a police state looks like. Fight them. Fight them now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home