Friday, July 14, 2006

I Venture to say that this just isn't right

posted by The Vidiot @ 8:30 PM Permalink

UPDATE part deux: Hello to all of SteveAudio's fans, (which include us!)

UPDATE: Hello fellow denizens of Blogtopia! (y, wksctp!)

Why Aren't The Ventures in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!?

The Ventures are still touring with the surviving original members and have sold 110+ million albums worldwide. They are the biggest selling instrumental rock & roll group of all time. They've influenced everyone from Jimi Hendrix to Joe Satriani to countless players who didn't have a clue as to who helped forge their style.

So I'm instituting the 1st ever vidiotspeak drive ... no, not for something as crass as $$, but to get The Ventures into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame*

I would hope that you Walk, Don't Run

or better yet click your way to this petition to help enshrine them in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

When you do sign the petition I'd like it if you'd come back and leave a comment.



*Yeah, I know there are bigger problems in this country and the world, (I write about them most every day, I need a break), and while I can't indict Karl Rove or correct the vote count in Florida or Ohio, or stop Bush from invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, maybe I can help The Ventures get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And if you have a problem with that ... well excuuuse me!

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Sailor, I signed the petition, they are from my generation & I'm shocked, shocked that they have been overlooked. Enjoy your Saturday Sailing! Kath

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I get confused with leaving a comment. I'm not a blogger or anonymous & "other" wants a web page, wouldn't that fit for "blogger"? Then I I tried to "log in" & I'm back to writing. Hope all this goes through. Kath

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Hi Kath,

blogger is a free service and we can't control those aspects of it. It's confused me too when I tried to comment on my co-blogger's posts.

Oh, and I got your messages, loud and clear;-)

Thanks for signing and thanks for writing.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they were already in it. i'm shocke dthat they weren't one of the first group inductees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home