Thursday, September 07, 2006

Suckumentary; Bump and Update

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:35 PM Permalink



There's nothing I can really add to the whole ABC 9/11 movie controversy that hasn't already been said and said better than I could say it. I understand that there's a big issue with how images and narratives from pop culture can seep into our consciousness and create a reality that runs counter to, well, ACTUAL reality. And that's bad. BUT, frankly, I feel like anyone who's dumb enough to fall for whatever ABC throws at us is too dumb to save. So let them show the dumb movie. G'head. As Mr. Vidiot would probably say, let them show how ridiculous and desperate they are. It will only prove that the system is cracked. It will only magnify the contradictions in our worldview. And then, after saying that, Mr. Vidiot would most likely rub his hands together and in his best Mr. Burns voice say "Excellent. EXcellent."

UPDATE (by The Sailor): I had called Disney, ABC's parent company, (mainly because Steve Jobs of Apple is a 6.5% shareholder and I thought he/they should know that their money is going to rightwing propaganda just before an election) and talked to some very nice people who asked me to fax the request for email contact info. I also called some old friends from my days in LA to help me out.

All I was asking for were email links to the Disney Board of Directors, and Steve Jobs in particular, but in the 48 hours it took them to respond the 'net was all over it.

If you care to contact any of the people associated with ABC or Disney, Steve Gilliard has the goods. If you do contact them, please be polite, most of them are very nice people and have nothing to do with this travesty.

I need to give a shout out to skippy, who has been all over this and pointed me to Steve's blog, and especially to a friend at Disney who shall remain nameless at her request ... thanks M, I know you did your best!

Update 2: Billmon chimes in.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Jeebus, GREAT graphic graphic! I sure hope DIsney doesn't come after us;-)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

well there's plenty more where that came from!

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=10989&display=photoshop#entries

 

Post a Comment

<< Home