Monday, November 27, 2006

I'll Take Bob Harris for $23.95, Alex

posted by The Vidiot @ 2:07 PM Permalink

I'm a big fan of Jeopardy! When I watch the show I'm such a nerd I respond out loud with my guess, (phrased in the form of a question of course;-) I even tried out for the show once, (didn't make the 1st cut.)

I've read and enjoyed Bob Harris' postings on Tom Tomorrow's site before I knew he was a Jeopardy! champion.

All of the above is just a long-winded intro to saying: Prisoner of Trebekistan is one of the best books I have ever read!

It's about living, dying, love, not-love, losing, winning, the brain, the body, celebrities, us reg'lar folks, charity, selfishness, the journey, the path, memory and uhh, uuh ... forgetfulness. Sheesh, The book has everything!

And all of it done in a seamless, seemingly effortless style and humor that compels you to read 'just one more chapter' before going to sleep.



Full disclosure: Nothing to disclose really except I really liked the book and I'm going to buy more copies for my friends. And I hope to get Bob to sign my copy sometime, somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home