Thursday, June 14, 2007

Haven't had my knickers randomly twisted for a while

posted by The Vidiot @ 4:27 PM Permalink

But this one did it.
Excerpt: Monica Emmerson was detained for 45 minutes. She wasn't questioned about possible ties to terrorists. Her carry-on items weren't rigorously searched -- or even searched again. Neither the police nor TSA took any action that indicated that they through she might be a security risk. She was just detained, harassed and threatened with arrest. All because of a sippy cup with water in it.


Update: I guess she has been found out to be a liar (according to the comments). Even if she lied, the sad truth is that it was all too easy to believe. The entire TSA program to "protect us from the idiots of the world" does little to protect us. Its real agenda is to demoralize us and train us to accept authority, no matter how stupid.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, update this one so you dont look silly. This womans a liar.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Irish Steve said...

Sure, I hate some of the stupid rules that the TSA imposes and I was annoyed when they made me throw out my toothpaste. Even so, they're doing a job that I would never want and sadly, it's needed to keep us safe from all the stupid people in the world. I watched the video and it's obvious that Monica Emmerson was shaking out the bottle on purpose and tried to turn on a dime and go back through the exit. Was she annoyed? Sure. Was this stupid? Yup. But Monica acted poorly and I'm somewhat happy that she was exposed as a liar. She obviously didn't expect to be caught of film and by the way, being an mother (or ex law enforcement) doesn't make you entitled to ignore the rules that the rest of us have to follow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home