Friday, June 01, 2007

I was going to let this slide

posted by The Vidiot @ 11:27 AM Permalink

Mostly because it's about a celebrity (minor or otherwise) and well, frankly, I don't give that much of a damn. But this really blew my mind. The story is about how Larry Birkhead's (father of Anna Nicole's baby) lawyer is trying to scam him out of $600,000. Which is frankly, all well and fine and you know, whateverrrr. But this little tidbit caught my eye:
Excerpt: NBC Universal agreed to pay Larry $1,050,000. Birkhead subsequently appeared on a Bravo special. He also repeatedly appeared exclusively on "Access Hollywood" and "Today."
And that made me go "Whaaaaa...?"

Read that again: He got paid over one million dollars by NBC to appear on a bunch of their shows.

OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

That idiot gets over one million dollars to yuck it up about something so retarded it makes my head hurt and the rest of us out here in the real world are having a harder and harder time coming up with the rent?

Meanwhile, news agencies are cutting staff to pump up the bottom line, decimating their news gathering capabilities. Is it any wonder a ridiculous percentage of Americans still think Saddam had something to do with 9/11?

My gawd people. How did it all go so horribly, horribly wrong?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home