Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sympathies to…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 1:24 PM Permalink


Holocaust survivor and Chairman of the House Committee for Foreign Affairs, Tom Lantos, has just announced that he is retiring due to esophageal cancer.

I have always admired Rep. Lantos, he's an exceptional person who has survived that which killed so many during WWII, and I wish him and his family well in his fight with this cancer.

I think once you've been there and done that, as I have, and so many millions of others (different cancers but same point), you develop an extra sense of sadness mixed with hope mixed with despair mixed with anger that we have so poisoned our world that millions more will die from being afflicted by all too common cancers.

This truly saddens me. The potential loss of an exceptional man always does.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home