Thursday, October 02, 2008

Never underestimate the power of a cute pair of shoes.

posted by The Vidiot @ 11:45 AM Permalink


I read the news and see that the Senate, ever responsive to the will of the American people, loaded their bailout bill with so much delicious bacon that hardly anybody could resist it (I mean, it’s hard to say no to bacon) and passed it with a substantial majority. Of course, congress will follow suit with their own pork-laden bill. Bush will probably have something to give his corporate overlords by the end of next week.

Also, watching the markets tank obviously brings me no cheer because I know that means my IRA, as pitiful as it is, is now practically on life support. Sure, I try to lift my spirits with the hope that tonight, Ms. Palin will do or say something so idiotic, McCain will have to ask Tina Fey to be VP instead, but that doesn’t really lift my spirits all that much. I mean, even if she fails miserably, we all know there are folks out there dumb enough to still vote for McCain. (But, we know she won’t fail miserably. She’ll eke out a passing grade and since the expectations are so low, it will be considered a success for her.)

Hence the cute shoes. Every time I look at them on my feet, I smile a little. I remember where I got them (Oaxaca) and how much I paid for them ($18) and I just have to smile a little. I probably shouldn’t be wearing them, it’s a little late in the season for sandals, but I couldn’t resist wearing them on more time before I tucked them away until the weather is warm again... or I go someplace warm, whatever comes first.

Y’all didn’t know I was such a girl, did you?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

From WTF!?
First of all, how badly did Gwen Ifill suck? Why was she even there? My shoes could've done a better job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home