Wednesday, February 17, 2010

As Red Skelton used to say…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 10:29 AM Permalink

The time has come to say good night,
My how time does fly.
We’ve had a laugh, perhaps a tear,
and now we hear good-bye.

I really hate to say good night,
for times like these are few.
I wish you love and happiness,
In everything you do.

The time has come to say good night,
I hope I’ve made a friend.
And so we’ll say “May God bless you,”
Until we meet again.…

The time has come to say good night,
My how time does fly.
We’ve had a laugh, perhaps a tear,
and now we hear good-bye.
And, of course, from Carol Burnett:
I'm so glad we had this time together,
Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.
Seems we just get started and before you Know it
Comes the time we have to say, “So long".

There's a time you wanna sigh for dreamin.
And a time for things you have to do.
The time I love the best is any evening
I can spend a moment here with you.

When the time comes and I'm feelin' lonely
And I'm feelin' oh so blue.
I just sit back and think of you only
And the happiness still comes through.

That's why I'm glad we had this time together.
Cause it makes me feel like I'm along.
Seems we just get started and before you know it
Comes the time we have to say, "So Long".

Good night everybody!


I have apparently exceed all bounds and etiquette of insanity. It only grows worse daily and with this new possible health threat, if it is cancerous, I have spoken with my beloved one who knows my spirit will find hers and hand in hand or as tightly as we can intertwine ourselves we will speed through this universe to the next as the most colorful shooting star ever to have been, or that there ever will be, surpassing the beauty of anything ever witnessed by man before the beginning of the never-ending time during which I shall again be happy to gaze into her eyes, tell her how much I love her, and promise her anew that she will be my Warrior Woman for all eternity. Only she truly knows, understands, and feels the pain in which I live, and only she understands how gloriously happy we will be when released to roam together, certain in her knowledge that when she breaks free of these earthly bounds, I shall be waiting, knowing time may be eternal, but it is not endless, and we will move back and forth as our love draws us to do. True love cannot be surpassed or ever "die".

Ciao, and thanks for all the fish.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill;

Not too many people know how to approach somebody who is actively dealing with their marginally mitigated transition from the intellectually corporeal to the wholly intangible. How to deal with somebody trying to come to terms with that brand of existential agoraphobia? (Crickets)

It can make many people quite uncomfortable because they will empathize with your emotional nakedness. I myself sit here looking at the computer screen and see a shadow of what my father was experiencing in 1999 while also dealing with the final consequences of Agent Orange. I watched him wither.

Anyway, he was at least as passively enraged that his true love (my stepmother) would also be left to "fend" for herself ... but he did train her well (as she had also trained him). She's still alive and managing the properties just fine (never has taken on another "Henry" though).

There's not much else that I (or anybody else) can say. We're just listening with our eyes while hoping that the pain (both physical and emotional) doesn't become too great.

Anyway, there are still dolphins in the ocean, so not yet Bill, not yet.

DanD

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

Bill, don't leave the blog and don't leave us. Check the comment on your post below this one and I'll email you on the other channel.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Kevin, a brother of The Sailor. Hang in there Bill, and please keep posting. You write very well, and offer good insights into the world as it is.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger ellroon said...

Every voice is important. I apologize to you for not telling you I do enjoy your input on SteveAudio's blog.

Your latest post is a beautifully written letter to life and love and mortality which we all have to face.

Thank you for being fearless enough to put it into words.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

As I continue to seek sufficient clarity of mind and cohesive thought I have begun to remember that I Never backed-down from a fight for a worthy cause, to defend others at the risk of my own life, that I have sought out and lived an existence of which many could only dream.

I have lived large, larger, and largest as my Warrior Woman have overcome every challenge laid before us. I will not take the cowards way out of this situation as I have never taken the coward's way out of an other (even the ass-whoopin's I received as a child where you were sent out to fetch the stick with which your whuppin would be administered. At age eight I figured it out, and I dragged back home the biggest tree trunk I could find, so large that I knew no one, even my despised grandmother, would dare strike me. All involved were doing their best to hide their smiles and muffle their giggles until I had dragged that tree well away from the house and, in an even greater show of brash, youthful bravery brought back a stick I knew damn well I would receive a whuppin' with, took my whuppin' without a single tear or plea for mercy or for the whuppin' to stop until finally it became apparent my witch grandmother, beginning to froth at the mouth, literally, causing other family member to make her stop as i took my last lashes on the way to bed. After that she hated me more than ever before, and she had despised me for some unknown reason I'll never know, but speculate it had something to do with my 16 year-old mother she despised so much that she literally hooted with joy when she found out my troubled mother had walked into a AA meeting and before anyone could react, poured a gallon of gas over head and self-immolated if front of the horrified crowd. If I knew where my grandmother was buried I'd travel to the ends of the earth to defecate on her grave.)

I'm not going anywhere, guy. Mom would never wish for me to surrender to my inner demons as she had hers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home