Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Myth Maintainers

posted by The Vidiot @ 4:29 PM Permalink

It' s been sort of amazing lately, with all the questioning of the official 9/11 story hitting the mainstream. (Charlie Sheen being one important player here. Another major player is Dr. Robert M. Bowman, Lt. Col., USAF, ret. who is saying Cheney is the main 9/11 suspect. (Which frankly, I've always thought.))

There's been so much though that the "powers that be" have become desperate. See, what seems to be happening is the original myth, or the reality, about 9/11 -- you know, the one where 19 guys hijacked a bunch of planes and rammed them into buildings and such, all coordinated by one really tall guy on a dialysis machine in the middle of an Afghani desert -- is falling apart. And the pieces of it are flying every which way.

Well, they're quickly trying to reassemble the pieces for us, you know, patch up that reality. Last week's New York magazine had a story that I haven't completely read yet, but it seems to summarize all of the various theories (and maybe even marginalize them a bit, like I said, I've not read it all through.) Then, on Sunday, 60 Minutes did a story on bin Laden's driver that was just dripping with propaganda. I mean just oozing with it. And now, I saw clip last nite on Olberman's show of the United 93 movie and I was flummoxed. I was pissed off. (How unusual.) The movie looked ridiculous. It didn't tug at my heartstrings at all. I was pissed that the movie propagated the myth of the passengers taking the plan down, and not, as many of us believe, shot down. Arghhhh.

You know, maybe they were brave. Maybe they did try. But honestly, unless the end of the movie is at the very least ambiguous about why they crashed, it doesn't have a chance with me. (I'm going to have a hard enough time accepting the use of cell phones on the plane.)

Anyway, this crap I'm seeing all around me is a clear indication that we're winning the information war.

As an aside, and I don't know if it's related or not, but look at what's happened to Doug Thompson over at Capital Hill Blue. He was a decent commentator. Made a few salient points here and there. Made a few crazy ones too. But now, he's totally debunking the 9/11 truth movement. It's like he's been threatened or replaced or something. But the interesting thing is, there are clues throughout the terrible piece that show he's not the same guy -- whether that's figuratively or literally, I don't know. There are rumors of him having been served with all sorts of papers from the FBI for some investigation. That would do it. Did they pressure him to disinfo the 9/11 truth movement? Who knows. Maybe he was always about the disinfo. I dunno. Just seems strange, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home