Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Are we to believe

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:03 PM Permalink

that this guy tied himself to an anchor, then shot himself with a shotgun AND THEN threw himself overboard?? I mean, I could maybe understand that he shot himself on the edge of his boat, and his body weight managed to get the anchor to slip overboard, maybe. But shooting yourself with a shotgun? Them is some long arms, no? His family might not be buying it either.
Excerpt: In a statement, Merrill's relatives say they were - quote - "shocked at the news and found it very difficult to accept."
However, Merrill's history is, um, interesting. He was president of the Ex-Im Bank (Cheney swore him in). Said bank has a lot to do with loans to the Coalition Provisional Authority. And the CPA has some 'splaining to do with regads to $21 billion. My guess? Mr. Merrill knew where the money went and was therefore, a liability.

Small planes and boats -- The leading causes of death for those "in the know."

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Uhh, yeah, I could believe it ... if the guy wanted to spare his family the gory details.

OTOH, I can't believe a sailor wouldn't heave to or drop his sails, or anchor to accomplish it.

And all of the other members of the secret intelligence services who had 'deaths' consistent with the same circumstances is especially troubling.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Not only that, where was the shotgun? IFF he had positioned himself so he'd fly into the water with the anchor, the gun would've gone in the opposite direction, onto the boat? I mean, I'm not rocket scientist... (all right, I technically am) but Newton had this little thing "equal and opposite reaction."

(did you catch my clever little math reference?)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

(did you catch my clever little math reference?)
Uhh, no, sheesh I'm so embarrased:(

Hey, I'm not a rocket scientist, just a computer programmer.

Good point about the shotgun recoil ... even better the reference to all the deaths of gov't officials under similar circumstances.

And don't get me started about all of the bio engineer's deaths.

Birds flu, so why didn't you? [/over the rainbow ... corrupted]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home