Monday, August 07, 2006

Photoshop

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:13 AM Permalink

I use it. And I'm good at it. (Pretty DAMN good at it I might add.) When I saw this retouched Reuters image, however, I had to scratch my head. It was so bad, so ridiculous that I thought "I'm embarassed for the guy that did it AND the editor who let it squeak through." I mean, I don't think I did anything ever that looked that bad even way back when I was first learning the program. And that got me thinking. "Why DID they let such a poorly done thing go through like that? Any idiot could see it sucked."

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist (really I do) but I have to wonder if they're trying to discredit other images from Lebanon. Or make the populace suspicious of ALL photojournalism. I don't know the motivation, but there has to be something else to it. It was just a Really. Bad. Photoshop. Job.

Really bad.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

It's so obvious it seems like they are setting up to deny the other visual images of atrocities.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

My theory above seems more plausible giving that all 3 are accused of doctoring, and deny it.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

nice, huh? The "shoot the messenger" culture wen live in.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

They are trying to get people to always question the veracity of the media.

Remember...it's all the NYTimes fault! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home