Saturday, December 16, 2006

Cover me baby, I'm going in

posted by The Vidiot @ 5:41 PM Permalink

skippy, SteveAudio and I seem to have a difference of opinion about musical license.

You guys want covers, I'll give you covers! Just because I'm determined to get the man who pawed my shot!
How Can You Mend A Broken Heart 6:24 Al Green

Voodoo Chile 7:59 Stevie Ray Vaughn

What'll I Do 3:12 Alison Krauss

Ain't No Sunshine 11:04 Isaac Hayes

Cold Cold Heart 3:38 Norah Jones

Don't leave me this way 6:00 Teddy Pendergrass

Eve Of Destruction 2:41 The Byrds

Feeling Alright 4:18 Traffic

For The Love of Money 3:47 Bullet Boys

Tainted Love 3:58 Skinny Puppy
I'm not as technically sophisticated or as legally challenged as they are, so I just listed the songs and artists covering them. But you can find these songs, like I did, through Limewire.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make some good points, although I think most of these meet my criteria of being artistically unique enough to be a different reading from the original.

SRV & Byrds, however, as much as I like them, were more an homage to the original, no real change.

And Allison Krauss' better cover is "Now That I've Found You".

Opinions are very personal, of course.

And, as always, YMMV.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home