Thursday, January 11, 2007

So, how did we get here?

posted by The Vidiot @ 2:10 PM Permalink

So, how did we get here?

I tried to watch the speech last night. I really did. But I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. He didn’t say anything than what he’s said before. He was almost monotonal, his features were unmoving, there was no “there” there. Woke up in time for South Park though.

Anyway, this morning, as I was getting ready for work, I was just running through my head the whole Iraq thing and this “how did we get here” questions sort of popped into my head.

Really. How DID we get here?

How did we end up in Iraq, sending our troops to die, destroying an entire country, and
killing innocent civilians?

How did we end up with a president who is dangerously unable to admit he’s wrong?

How did we end up with someone like Cheney anywhere near the White House?

How did Congress become so useless?

How did the American people get so complacent?

How did we end up with a media owned by just five corporations?

How did our water get poisoned, our air get polluted and our food get toxic?

How did so many people end up in jail and why?

How did corporations end up being treated like persons under the law?

How did owning a home become impossible?

How did kids get convinced that playing with a little electronic box indoors is better than playing in a tree outdoors?

How did poverty get pathologised and greed get worshiped?

But most of all, HOW DO WE STOP?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home