Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mardi Gras

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:33 AM Permalink

Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is. The parade was interesting. I like the way people just camp out and drink and have beads thrown at them. Meanwhile, the cops are just standing there, joking around, eating, whatever. Totally non-threatening. The night thing. Well, it's just a lot of really drunk people. We walked down Bourbon Street and I was just not liking it at one bit. At one point, there was a bit of a melee behind me because some guys thought it would be fun to start grabbing the breasts of random women. We booked it out of there pretty fast after that and then we just went to Molly's on Decatur Street. MUCH more sane. If you ever go, stay off Bourbon Street. Head on down Decatur, down around Frenchman. There's Checkpoint Charlie's and the Dragon's Lair (I think that's what it's called), that whole area is much better and not as touristy.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Not only will everybody by sleeping it off, Mr. Vidiot and I are taking a day (and night) to stay at a haunted plantation hotel called Myrtl's. It's supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the country. SOOooo looking forward to hearing Mr. Vidiot scream like a girly man. He doesn't believe in ghosts, but he also doesn't like them very much.

OH, and the only reason I'm here blogging at this late hour is I was too damned tired to stay out any longer and so, Mr. Vidiot is out with his buddy yukking it up. Really, there's only so much anarchy a person can take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home