Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Counseling for all, please.

posted by Bill Arnett @ 11:58 AM Permalink


Along with everyone else in the country I mourn the loss of innocent life at Virginia Tech and extend my sincerest condolences to the families and friends of the departed.

I also pray that every student on campus will be seeing a crisis counselor, whether they believe they need to or not, because for a short time they were all in a war zone and many watched friends die or heard the screams of the wounded among the gunshots.

I believe one of the single greatest threats to the mind after a horrific event like this is the guilt that survivors feel, the question in their minds being, "Why did I survive while my friends died?" These thoughts, without counseling, can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a most unpleasant state of mind.

I urge Virginia Tech to make such counselors available to all students and further urge all parents of the survivors to see that their young adult receives such counseling.

God bless them all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

thanks for posting that. i wanted to post something, but didn't know how to say it.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome. It's always a sad day when domestic terrorism raises its ugly head and causes death and destruction.

I do hope they all get/seek counseling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home