Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Misusing the Military

posted by The Vidiot @ 3:59 PM Permalink

Here’s what strikes me as annoying about this story.
Excerpt: The United States is moving forward on plans to establish an Africa Command that will anchor military operations across a continent seen to be of increasing strategic importance and threatened by transnational terrorists. But critics argue the initiative could backfire and fuel radicalism in areas where it is not yet a problem.
Frankly, I’m sick and tired of the military trying to solve diplomatic issues. Sure, I understand WHY the military is used. I’m no dummy. I get it. But what I wish for is a world where diplomacy is practiced with words instead of weapons, where peace usurps profit and where support is provided through doctors, teachers and farmers, not generals, grunts and squids.

I know. I’m being whiny.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home