Sunday, August 19, 2007

An Impolitic Political Letter, May not work, But it'll make you feel so much better.

posted by Bill Arnett @ 12:50 PM Permalink


I don't know how everyone feels about the Constitutional Usurpers and Criminals in charge of America currently, but I sure as heck know that I'm sick of it, and today I sent the following letter to dozens of US Senators, whether it be deemed impolitic to address them in the matter of the destruction of America or not, I express my opinion as I choose and I chose this:

Dear Senator,

Under Bush:

I have no right to habeas corpus if Bush says I'm a terrorist.
He can make me disappear to unknown locations and foreign countries to have me tortured, or order me kidnapped for the same purpose.
He can say I "acted" to disrupt his peace effort in Iraq and seize all my assets without due process of law.
He could torture me to the point of insanity and make it impossible for me to ever defend myself by denying me ANY trial.
He can order me sent to Gitmo for forever confinement and torture.
He has access to everything in my computer, my library records, my business papers, and my home without a warrant.
He can confine me to a "free speech zone" instead of allowing me my right to petition my government for redress and exercise fully my right to free speech wherever and however I choose.
By presidential fiat he orders the extra-judicial killings of SUSPECTED terrorists and then illegally, but PROUDLY displays the bodies for the world to see.
Soon, if I refuse to get a Real ID I will have to show a PASSPORT to enter my local federal park, lands that belong to me just as much as any other citizen. I will also need a passport for domestic travel.
Now, in view to all the data-mining operations, military satellite surveillance, wiretapping, and other means of compiling "dossiers" on every American, it strikes me as far more overreaching and disturbing than anything done by any former despot in history, much less an American president.
After spending more money than all former presidents combined he will pass a debt to our children they are likely to never be able to repay.

This is not all of course, I could probably go on for hours, but it illustrates that I no longer live in "the land of the free and the home of the brave" and that America is very, very rapidly becoming a police state.

So I ask you and your fellow Senators:

WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING AMERICA AND AMERICAN DEMOCRACY AND AMERICAN RIGHTS TO BE DESTROYED OR TAKEN AWAY BY THE BUSH/CHENEY CABAL? WHY CAN'T YOU STOP HIM COLD WITH FILIBUSTERS, SECRET HOLDS (THE REPUBS SURE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS), AND LAW AFTER LAW TO ELIMINATE THE USA PATRIOT ACT (HAH!), THE MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT, AND THE LATEST ABOMINATION OF A SURVEILLANCE LAW THAT FINISHED STRIPPING AWAY ANY RIGHT I HAD TO PRIVACY OR TO BE SAFE IN MY HOME, PAPERS, AND EFFECTS.

Why are you all refusing to keep your oath of office and protect our Constitution and us from these usurpers of the law and perpetrators of one crime after another?

My disgust with our "democratic" leadership, our democratic majority, and their demonstrated propensity to roll over like a good lapdog every time Bush says, "Boo!," CANNOT know any bounds because I am going to have to leave the land I love, that I went to war for gladly in Vietnam, that formerly stood for most everything good just so I can live in a democracy, a real democracy, not this mere shadow of democracy we now have.

What will you do when bush declares martial law next year and cancels the ‘08 elections? It will be too late for anything then, but that's where we're headed: a police state warring with many countries to steal their resources (oil) instead of being a decent freedom-loving country that deals with other countries in good faith.

Respectfully Yours,

Bill Arnett

P.S. - Where will you be when bushco attacks Iran and becomes the first American president to lose THREE wars simultaneously while bankrupting and destroying the Treasury and American people? You surely know by now (everyone in America knows) that bush will do exactly and anything he wants and no one, even the democrats the country elected in good faith to stop him, can stop him. You have all participated in the death of the American Way.
End letter.

Many of you will chastise me for so boldly accusing democrats for participating, even if unwillingly, in the destruction of the American way of life, but I believe they did so either willfully or out of fear. Neither is an acceptable or effective way of restoring the constitutional rights and freedoms we all shared prior to bush assuming office by court fiat.

If you believe you can write a more effective, politic, or "polite" letter that might get a more favorable response, please feel free to write your own letter to your Senator/Congresscritter, but I believe in calling a spade a spade and I will not sit silently while America and its ideals are destroyed by the inaction of the dems or by the concerted efforts of the bush/cheney/Republican Senators/Republican Congresscritters and those sycophants rubberstamping everything the king desires and ignoring the will of the people for whom they were elected to serve, NOT ENSLAVE.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, you write much better, but this is pretty much what I tell those who call looking for a donation. I'm worn out by all of it. Keep up the great writing, including the letters.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesnt sound that impolite to me.i have quit calling my senators as i get too upset and cant resist calling them immoral and traitors and liars.been a republican all my life but you cannot even imagine the nasueau it causes me to even think of voting for anyone with an R beside their name again.my problem is watching the democrats cave on the fisa bill was also sickening.this country seems to have lost their spine?
maybe i am too old and can remember the cold war too well.maybe tv should be showing some stories about hoover,nixon and the cold war excesses?
br3n

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you both for your comments. I confess I don't really know what the answer is and how we can take our country back.

It may not seem that way, since I'm always knocking "Republicans, neocons, bushites, Reaganites, conservatives, etc.", but I have always believed that the REAL, honest, decent members of the GOP, real families struggling along with the rest of us are fine people who have seen their party ripped apart by corruption, illegal wars, a law-breaking president, and too many old, rich white men who will never voluntarily relinquish power and that will step on the "little guys" without regard to party affiliation or conscience.

I, too, grew up during the cold war and thought that the threat of cataclysmic war had ended with it. Now it is all too clear, br3n, that there are truly evil men running this country to achieve evil ends, and naught but evil has resulted. Evil that may destroy America.

But the real, decent GOP members should remember that they have been had just as bad as the rest of us and have no reason to feel shame, just righteous anger that will help them purge their party of these bastids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home