Thursday, November 01, 2007

I guess I should have known this.

posted by The Vidiot @ 5:04 PM Permalink

As many of you know, Stephen Colbert is running for president in South Carolina. He filed the paperwork to run in the democratic primary but did not want to pay the big bucks to run on the GOP ticket. Anyway, he filed everything, conformed to FEC rules and still:
Excerpt: South Carolina Democratic officials apparently aren't big Comedy Central fans. The state party decided Thursday to deny comedian Stephen Colbert a place on its presidential primary ballot, CNN reported.
I did not know (or maybe I did and just didn't remember that I knew) that the state party people are the final arbiters of who gets on the ballot. So not only does the candidate have to have the media on his side, he needs the party bosses on his side as well.

Is this a democracy or what!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home