Friday, December 14, 2007

That was unexpected.

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:43 AM Permalink

Here I am, sipping my coffee and eating popcorn (I had some left over from what I made for Mr. Vidiot’s lunch) and I click on one of my favorite websites, BoingBoing. Now, usually what you find on BoingBoing is a sort of mishmash of different stuff from weird art to fascinating gadgets to commentary on DMCA, etc. You just never know what you’ll find. So today, what do I find but them writing up a book called Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA, By Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara.
For most Americans, the word “NASA” suggests a squeaky-clean image of technological infallibility. Yet the truth is that NASA was born in a lie, and has concealed the truths about its occult origins. Dark Mission documents this seemingly wild assertion.
I’ve been reading Hoagland’s website for years. I can’t really remember how I found out about him, but I’ve enjoyed his semi-sane ramblings about hyperdimensional physics, NASA cover-ups, and Mars anomalies. You know, I LOVE that stuff. But I always thought of him as a bit fringe. So I almost did a spit take when I saw him mentioned on BoingBoing.

It's a small internet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home