Friday, May 16, 2008

MSM, how I loathe thee.

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:43 AM Permalink

Maybe loathe is too strong of a word. When I was 12, my dad and I had a discussion about what the opposite of love was. I, being 12, said hate. He, being a dad, said "nope, apathy." Of course, he was right. Love and hate both are strong feelings while apathy is the complete absence of feeling. At the time, I knew he was right, but I didn't want him to know that I knew he was right. I mean, I was a 12 after all. Can't give a dad that much slack, can you?

Anyway, I used to loathe MSM. I mean, really LOATHE them. The whole system, everything about them: their duplicitous, sycophantic and propagandistic behavior really twisted my knickers. But I'm moving away from that. Now, I'm more like, "Ugh, I just don't care anymore." I don't believe a word they say or a story they report. Whatever it is they say, I immediately assume the opposite is true.

For instance, this story in the LA Times blog about how bad Ron Paul lost in W. Virginia is meaningless. First, it's a blog (see my post below) which, frankly, who cares what a blog says. Second, there's no examination done on why he may have done so poorly. Was it his message? Was it that his message was never heard? Or was it the voters in West Virginia are, well, for wont of a better word, unintellectual {ahem}. Watch this video of W. Virginia voters that were interviewed for MSM. It drove Jon Stewart to drink, it just made me shake my head.

And don't think for a minute that the senate's slapping a band aid on the problem is going to help.
The Senate Thursday night voted to nullify a Federal Communications Commission rule that allows media companies to own a newspaper and a television station in the same market.
Because it won't. MSM is broken beyond repair. Don't listen to it and if you do listen to it, don't believe it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home