Thursday, June 12, 2008

A fraud warning for dvd buyers about DVDMEDIASTAR.

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:58 PM Permalink

…through a link at Amazon I ordered the old TV series It Takes A Thief from a Canadian company at www.dvdmediastar.com.

I was in high school when this series, starring Robert Wagner, was airing and it is one of my favorite shows.

The advertisement on their web site guaranteed 17 discs with "excellent picture and sound, free of commercials, inclusion of artwork from series' scenes and all the ususal goodies we have all come to expect.

The very instant I opened the cheap CD carrier box my son said, "Dad, these are fakes," then pointed out the distinctive blueish tinge (compared to the silver of factory discs), and when played the picture was lousy, the sound was lousy (many drop-outs in both cases), snippets of commercials at the beginning of new scenes, skipping material so bad it is impossible to follow the story. The final straw was when he loaded a disc in his Mac PowerBook and the icon display clearly identified the discs as "DVD-R" discs.

A straight up fraudulent rip-off which I immediately reported to Amazon and had my bank cancel the ATM payment of $87.95.

DVDMEDIASTAR SELLS ILLEGAL DVD PROGRAMMING that could have been recorded better by an average fourth grader with a decent dvd burner.

These people are frauds, thieves, and selling illegally burned copies of movies and I can prove it beyond all doubt, so do business with DVDMEDIASTAR at your own peril as they are naught but con artists and thieves.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sounds like they should be in politics, nice spot chk me out one day if u can

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

I don't think that they are crooked enough to be politicians!

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought from these con artistes too BEAUTY AND THE BEAST set the comments left prior to mine sum up the"QUALITY" or rather the lack of it perfectly!!! the easy answer is DONT make the same mistake we did and STOP these conmen from profiteering at our expense.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank goodness for you guys having this site. Was thinking of getting the Dynasty collection when I decided to Google the company and was led to your site. I guess one should rely on the adage, you get what you pay for.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger CrossingJordanFan said...

Thanks, everyone, for saving me from a $127 mistake! I wondered why this was the only place you could get all the seasons of Crossing Jordan. Even AETV only offered Season One. I'm glad I googled DVDMediaStar! Thanks again.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sendil said...

Thank you guys for the warning. I am In India and I thought of buying Alford Hitchcock Present Series for almost $120. Thanks again for saving my money...

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I was thinking about buying the complete collection of the Twilight Zone for $100, but I thought it sounded fishey because the original price on amazon was $300, so i googled DVDMediaStar and it led me here. Thanks again, you're a life saver!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Paul said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Unfortunately I got ripped off by these fraudsters when I purchased the Series ED. Usually I do the research thing, but this time I didn't thinking that coming from a reputable sites like Amazon, Google and IMDb this was the real thing.

Warning to others, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS, THEY ARE THIEVES.

I am now in the process of putting up 1000 websites advertising that these people are FRAUDSTERS AND THIEVES, it will problably make no difference, but it will make me feel happier.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was recently ordered a malcolm in the middle boxset for christmas , it took 6 weeks to deliver to the UK via NIGERIA! The discs were also faked. I have just sent a nasty email full of abuse to DVDMEDIASTAR , everyone should do the same.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been ripped off by these con artists too. At christmas time my mom ordered what she thought would be the complete series of Mannix. I had a feeling it was too good to be true, because the first season had just come out. I put them in my dvd player, and lo and behold in every episode i checked you can clearly see the logo for the t.v station T.V. Land at the bottom of the episodes. Now we're out $131.95

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Skippy T said...

I have also been ripped off by these jerks. 187 bucks. I will never get that back. The Bonanza DVD's I got was poor quality some didn't have sound and some froze. The TV station Icons wern't taken out and I didn't get all the episodes. Some episodes were labeled wrong and I got dupicate episodes. Not to mention some had comercials. Don't waste your money with these cons. Research the companies first when you want to buy their product. Amazon.com has the 1st season of Bonanza on DVD. Check it out before buying from these scamming jerks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home