Thursday, November 27, 2008

And, lastly for today, a few reasons I have to be thankful…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:02 PM Permalink

…for which in itself I am grateful and give thanks for finally finding lots more reasons to be thankful.

I am thankful that my Milagros (Mila for short, the full translation of her name is "miracle") my "Warrior Woman" (4'11", 105 lbs soaking wet), she with the heart of a Valkyrie, the courage of a lion, the spirit of a wild eagle, and the will to still be together 35 years after we met and swore our love and fealty to one another. She's perfect, I am madly in love with her still and always will be. Her only flaw, I'm told, is that she tolerates me. But that's ok, she couldn't beat me away with a stick (and I have the scars to prove it!).

I am thankful that my son of the razor-sharp wit will soon get his college degree, a first for our family as I chose the military out of high school. I am further thankful for the wonderful woman he has met who is a perfect match for him in every way, and I hope for them the longevity together that Mila and I have had.

I am grateful for my little doggies, my constant companions and source of surprise, pleasure, and laughter (I am disabled and basically homebound): Xanatos (pictured with my comments holding his favorite tug toy), who's daddy dog, Matilda, momma dog, and the little ones Bronx, Jade, and Demona.

And I am particularly grateful that, for coming up on two-years now, I have been given the privilege to write with The Vidiot, Mr. Vidiot, and especially my friend, Sailor, who convinced The and Mr. Vidiot to allow me to post the random flotsam and jetsam of thoughts from my jumbled up mind here on their site. Never have any of these wonderful people placed any restrictions on the topics, people, or events of whom or which I choose to write. Never have they had a critical word for my writings or expressed discomfort when I sometimes, in a morphine haze, go totally off the grid into Never Never Land. Their kindness has been remarkable, so I therefore choose to remark upon it and give thanks for it.

So to everyone mentioned or not, real or imagined, known to be unknown, or unknown that you are known, I know only this:

I thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart. I wish you nothing but fair, favorable winds, happy sailing and all the joys among the trials and tribulations of regular old life. Each and everyone of you are unique, exceptional people first, excellent writers (ceptin' the dawgs, they just can't get a handle on typing), patient beyond belief, and I hope you have a glorious and profoundly moving Thanksgiving.

And I give thanks for all of you. Thank you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Thanks man.

We love you too.

Honestly, you provide much-needed depth, way beyond my "capitalism sux" rants.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

But I LIKE your "capitalism sux" rants!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

I thought I'd sent this on Thanksgiving Day but I guess the intertubes swallowed it:

I'm thankful for many things. I'm especially thankful for my friends The Vidiot and Bill Arnett.

We've never met but we all support each other in ways that only friends can, regardless of means or distance.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

mushy mushy.

{swak}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home