Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A day late, but here's my B.A.D.

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:51 AM Permalink

I don't really pay all that much attention to blog trends, but The Sailor posted on Blogroll Amnesty Day and I feel the need to chime in with my picks.

A wonderful blog done by a sociologist, James Petras, is a must-read for anybody interested in Latin American politics. Read it. You'll learn something.

Over at Two Glasses, Toast will give you a chuckle every now and again. If you like your politics mixed with sports and beer (and some bird and squirrel blogging), well, that's the blog for you. (I recently made a stink in his comments section about US democracy and the real viability of anarchy so I might have ticked a few folks off over there. But hey, that's just me.)

I rather like Posthuman Blues. Mac Tonnies is a futurist trapped in the wastelands of Missouri (NOT Minnesota. That's what I get for blogging on the fly.)

If you just want a bit of "fluff and nonsense", then Nothing to do with Arbroath is for you.

And finally, search out your local blogs and read them. If there aren't any, then start one. They provide endless entertainment and information. Obviously, here in New York, we have many many many local blogs. Brooklyn alone has an endless array of blogs dedicated to the various neighborhoods. Some of my favorite New York/Brooklyn blogs are: Lost City, Brownstoner, Gowanus Lounge, Curbed, and Gothamist.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Mac said...

Missouri, not Minnesota -- but wastelands are wastelands! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home