Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome to the White House, I think you're gonna like it

posted by The Sailor @ 7:25 PM Permalink

Big props to our blog buddy John Aravosis at AMERICAblog for his invitation to the White House!

Nope, it wasn't because he was a blogger, or maybe not just because he was a blogger, he was invited to the White House to attend a reception that President Obama and the Greek archbishop were hosting for Greek Independence Day.
Georgia [Georgia10 of DKos] and I got up to the side of the stage and didn't move. Fifteen minutes later, Obama came in with Biden and Greek Archbishop Demetrios, and Obama preceded to stand about three feet away from me.
[...]
When Obama shook my hand, he looked at me and said "God bless you." It was rather odd. I've never had someone say that to me when I wasn't sneezing. It became immediately evident that this is a guy who takes his faith seriously.

I just got blessed by the president. Gotta call mom.
Read the whole thing and see the pix he took while he was there.

Wow, it seems like the White House is The Peoples House again!



Cross posted at SteveAudio

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home