Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sorry for the light posting

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:40 PM Permalink

An apology meant mostly for my blogmates since they're pulling their weight and mine around here.

But I have a good reason: Mr. Vidiot and I have just inherited a 14-year-old (henceforth known as Teen Vidiot) and we have been frantically readying what WAS a closet/office/storage space for his arrival next week.

Let me tell you, trying to squeeze one more body into our apartment is no easy feat. This last weekend was spent assembling all the Ikea furniture: a wardrobe, dresser and loft bed. I managed the wardrobe and dresser just fine, but Mr. Vidiot and I spent seven hours putting the bed together. At the same time, we had a carpenter there installing a door for us (so Teen Vidiot will have something to slam when we tell him to stop playing his video games) and he was watching us and all of our mistakes and said, "You know, I'm surprised they never did a Saturday Night Live skit where a couple was assembling Ikea furniture and as they went along, they started to really fight and until at the end of it, the bed is in a shambles and they're attacking each other with hammers and screw drivers." He thought this was very funny until he realized that we might not think that it was so funny at that particular moment since we had just discovered that we had put one of the long pieces of wood in upside down and had to disassemble the whole thing and reassemble it.

{sigh}

Anyway, this last weekend will be spent cleaning and scouring the place so that Teen Vidiot will know how I like things to look and will then understand why I freak out when I see his things scattered all over the place.

Posting will be sporadic until we're all on a routine.

Wish me luck. I've never spent more than a week with anything under the age of 18 since I was, well, under the age of 18. This should be interesting, but don't worry, I won't make my postings about parenting unless of course it's politically relevant.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

Good luck!

I know that 14 yr old boys are the most reasonable of creatures, I was one. Yep, totally reasonable, that was me.

p.s. Good idea for a skit, bad timing, good idea.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

And don't forget that at 14 boys are also kind, considerate, listen to and carefully consider the words and feelings of others, responding with eloquence and amazing maturity, and they would never, never do anything unlawful or embarrassing to you.

They also handle their maturation with style and grace and never experience the problems g-i-i-i-r-r-l-s have attaining their majority.;)

It's the truth, I swear (except where swearing is inappropriate - I learned that at 14 also).

You will have a wonderful time -really, you will!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In spite of all those reasonable-sounding phrases of apologia listed above regarding the messianic qualities of 14 year old human males, I also know a great used wine barrel salesman (optional bung styles included on the larger delux models) whose address I can forward to you (I found out where my father got "his [mine?]" while rifling the family business files after he died) just in case the little darling ever excessively attempts to sustain any obstinate behavior ... .

DanD

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
buy tamoxifen
As for the side effects of using Nolvadex, they are usually relatively mild and rarely severe making it bearable enough not to be required discontinuation of treatment in breast cancer patients.
[url=http://www.alampal.com/]order nolvadex[/url]

This drug reduces the possibility of occurrence of contra lateral breast cancer in patients receiving adjuvant Nolvadex therapy for breast cancer.
http://www.alampal.com/ - buy tamoxifen citrate
You must also order your net dosage a week before your current dosage runs out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home