Monday, September 14, 2009

Fake, fake, fake that photograph…make, make, make all the people laugh…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:29 PM Permalink

… I refer to this picture of the purported mass of protesters being circulated and commented upon by weak-minded, lying Republicans showing a HUGH crowd of alleged protesters.

From the text at the above link:
"It was an impressive crowd," he [Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department] said. But after marching down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol the crowd "only filled the Capitol grounds, maybe up to Third Street," he said.

Yet the photo showed the crowd sprawling far beyond that to the Washington Monument, which is bordered by 15th and and 17th Streets.

There's another big problem with the photograph: it doesn't include the National Museum of the American Indian, a building located at the corner of Fourth St. and Independence Ave. that opened on Sept. 14, 2004. (Looking at the photograph, the building should be in the upper right hand corner of the National Mall, next to the Air and Space Museum.) That means the picture was taken before the museum opened exactly five years ago. So clearly the photo doesn't show the "tea party" crowd from the Sept. 12 protest.

"I've seen bigger crowds at Montreal Expos games, but I still wouldn't fake a photo just to justify your predictions of millions descending on Washington," said one gleeful Democratic media strategist. "This is grade-A stupid and just plays into the argument that these were astroturf protests to begin with. They've always brought the noise, but the question that was supposed to be answered this weekend was, could they bring the numbers? In that respect this was an unmitigated disaster."

A number of conservative blogs have since taken the photo down. Some have corrected their posts. Others say the circulation of the picture was a left-wing conspiracy to discredit the event. However, many of them are still claiming that at least a million people attended the march. Nate Silver estimates about 70,000 protesters showed up.

It isn't the first failed attempt by the GOP and friends in biased media to inflate the size of the event. On Saturday, organizer Matt Kibbe announced on stage that ABC News had estimated a crowd of 1 to 1.5 million. ABC News had reported no such thing.
O-o-o-o-o whee! Or as Gomer Pyle would have said, "G-o-o-l-ly!" here is proof positive once again that Republicans will lie, scheme, deceive, practice obvious mendacities, prevarications, tell untruths, spread easily perceived propaganda, fib, dissemble, dissimulate, misinform, mislead, lie through their teeth, and do so in a manner that fools no one but their own weak-willed, bigoted, prejudiced, right-wing religious base. (Maybe I shouldn't suger-coat it like that.)

Damned liars.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger nunya said...

"Others say the circulation of the picture was a left-wing conspiracy to discredit the event."

rofllmao...lol

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

it's all crap and protesting is useless.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Yeah, Nunya, I must sheepishly admit that the Supreme Leader of the Left, whom I am forbidden to identify as Joe Picturefaker, contacted me personally to inform me of the hoax I must help the Left construct against the Right.

It was a dirty job, as anything involving rethuglians inevitably is, but somebody had to do it and I swore an oath to this country to defend it against all enemies, foreign or domestic (and domesticated foreigners), so I gladly made the sacrifice out of love for my country.

And I definitely agree it was funny as hell!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called a "false-flag" attack, and the BFEE (along with all its allies) started the most recent flurry with 9-11.

Now they're false-flagging themselves while claiming it's an opposition false-flag ... as it may-well be.

I'm getting dizzy.

DanD

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

I'm sorry, I came in late. Is this like false-flag football!? Can I play?

Vid, sorry, but protesting does help. It helps even more when it's reported on ... by honest reporters.

caveat: IOKIYAR

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

BTW, my reference to 'domesticated foreigners' wasa weak, and I now realize how hurtful or insulting that comment was.

I apologize for this piece of mental 'gear slippage' and affirm that I have nothing but admiration for people seeking to better their life that leave their home country and come here to work hard and act as good citizens. I know, my wife, with whom I am madly in love with and proud of our 35-year marriage, is a legal alien.

I sincerely apologize if I offended any of our readers and hope that I may be forgiven.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill;

I don't exactly know how you define the term "domesticated foreigners," but I came from a significantly Caucasoid refugee group who -- when passing through Ellis Island -- had to unquestionably prove their Constitutionally submissive domesticability or they were just summarily shipped back to the Irish homeland to finish starving to death.

As it is, I would define a domesticated foreigner as a self-defined immigrant who's looking for a fresh start in a foreign land and is proactively willing to comprehensively comply with whatever immigration standards are required. Sounds like a form of self-domestication to me.

As it is, I would define any person who flagrantly defies the process of legal immigration of any nation not as an "undocumented" immigrant, but instead as a ciminal economic invader. Right now, the United States is a perfect example of what happens to an extremely affluent nation that has surrendered functional authority over its own most critical immigration matters to the local and extra-national hegemons of business.

I do not hate the "little brown (or whatever color/race that they may happen to be) brothers" wetbacking it into the country primarily for the economic exploitation of it all ... but "Equal Protection" under the law also encompasses an automatic and non-negotiable equal obligation to obey the law. To ignore the immigration laws of any region that one may be economically exploiting does in fact show that invading "immigrant" as having no real respect for the law. Furthermore, even the severe lack of education does not in the least (at least to me) mitigate this exploitative brand of criminal conduct.

I'll tell you one thing, just go and try being an illegal economic crook down in Mexico. They won't (and haven't been) very gentle about tossing any and all criminally invading gringos back north across the Rio-puddle.

DanD

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

I know what you mean, DanD, but there are so many foreigners here quite legally that do work hard, improve themselves, their children, and this country that I realized what I wrote as a joke was unfair to so many of these fine people that they did not deserve a catty insult from me, in spite of the fact I was merely seeking to be funny, not hurt nor insult perfectly legal immigrants. And when I realized that my Warrior Woman, Mila, was in that group I was doubly shamed as I know of no one who works harder and is more dedicated to and sacrificed more for this family and country.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, in my past sub-incarnations, I've been married to a Philipina who ipitomized hard work (as a registered nurse).

One thing I've noticed about immigrants of all sorts, about the only ones who wear their status as a "lowly" immigrant on their petulant sleeves are "properly" educated English types, quite a few Frenchmen (French women seem to understand their own mortality better), and virtually all Ashkenazi Jews (never even suggest that they maybe [either individually or as part of a group] ever could have possibly supported or otherwise participated in any kind of untruthful conduct because automatically they'll summarily character assassinate you as an unredeemable anti-Semite).

You know, "if the glove don't fit, then you must aquit" ... as far as I understand the situation, the only immigrants who would possibly protest at that kind of snark are only those who secretly feel that -- just maybe -- it might actually fit them.

As it is, all criminal immigrants would certainly castigate you.

Since it seems that, when you initially wrote it, there was no obvious malice behind what now shames you, in that I don't perceive it as in-your-face flagrant, I don't feel that anybody else (including the righteous immigrant class) even noticed it.

I know I really didn't.

DanD

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Thanks, Dan. As usual your comments are directly on point and give me different perception that I may not have considered.

Here again you recognized that my meager attempt at humor was not intended to offend anyone. I often write under very hevy loads of medications that sometimes render me nearly catatonic. I sometimes later feel remorse for so much of my mind of which I have been robbed and the limitations that places on my critical thinking ability.

Call me out when necessary, DadD, I both need and desire constructive criticism when it's called for and/or needed.

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home