Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just Like Starting Over

posted by The Sailor @ 7:44 PM Permalink

I try to stay out of the mainstream news cycle and bring something to the table you might have missed. But in the case of health care reform I just can't resist.

I thought in this post I would be bringing my insight, my medical expertise, my observations, my personal experiences into one cogent, devastating argument. As it turns out, I'm not only un-original in my thinking, but others have stated my case better.
There is No Drawing Board To Go Back To

Starting Over
My case is:
Point 1) Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid and all civil rights bills were opposed by a powerful minority and barely passed in weakened form. Then they were expanded upon.

Point 2) The process isn't over. If the Senate passes their bill and then it goes to reconciliation with the House bill. That's where we need to focus our attention. But for this to happen the Senate needs to vote for cloture and then vote for their bill.

Point 3) The rethugs are so against anything happening that they've been employing tactics against it since it's mere suggestion, and they are on record as having done so. It really wouldn't matter what President Obama said was his his main agenda, or any agenda this President has, they will do anything, say anything, to do their best to see Obama's administration fail. If it means 45,000 Americans die each year due to lack of healthcare, they don't care. It's how they roll.

And if the history of HCR is any measure, and this bill doesn't happen, then nothing will happen for at least a decade. I can't live with that ... and neither can 450,000 of my fellow citizens.



Cross posted at SteveAudio

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

It's a pipe dream, Sailor. the rethugs and the tea-bagging scum they constantly stoke and provoke. The America in which we grew up has changed forever, not for the better, and has been taken past the point of no return.

It kills me to say that, but thats just hows I sees it.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

The blue dogs aren't helping a bit.

Sen Nelson with his attack on women's rights, LIEberman with his prissy 'take the ball and go home' approach also sicken me. &c.

Remember the republican's motto when the controlled congress and the WH? 'Just bring it to and up and down vote!'

BTW: PPJ @ TL always trumpeted that. I don't go there anymore, but I'm thinkin' he's singing an new song now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home