Monday, May 24, 2010

Not that I expected anyone to miss me…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 11:08 AM Permalink

…but my beloved wife of thirty-six years, whose touch still sends shivers down my spine, whose glance warms me as sunshine on a bright summer morning, whose mere presence speeds my heart, my Warrior Woman, without whom I would not have such a wonderful son, or even be alive today, as I know it was she that pulled be back from the fierce maw of death from cancer, she was exclusively mine for the last ten glorious days as she was on vacation from her job. I could not think of anything or, especially, anyone with whom I could possibly have been happier or more excited, more in love with, and I am still amazed that everything else, the entire world, falls from view as I simply gaze at her.

I lack adequate words to describe how deliriously happy I have been and remain so I'll leave this explanatory post now and try to return to trying to make sense of this insane country within which we live and the almost medieval cruelty that we now witness daily.

It's a difficult transition, believe me.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

actually I think you phrased it quite nicely.

Welcome back to the machine;-)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

I'm sending this to Dr. Vidiot. Not that he's been taking me for granted or anything, but DAMN.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Thank you both very much. My Warrior Woman returned to work Monday A.M.; it's her second day back today and I miss her. Days without her seem dreary and I selfishly look forward to the day of her retirement when she will once again be exclusively mine. It has always been my dream to grow old with her and remain with her 'til death do us part. We're kind of old-fashioned and truly meant it when we made that vow and we are both amazed and dismayed at he high divorce rate in America (52% last I checked).

I cannot but note with pride that she is the single-most missed person at her job, the highest paid, and the only employee getting 40-hours a week as she has a work ethic that commands the respect and value she warrants.

I still miss her though.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger ellroon said...

I don't think anybody has voiced such a beautiful love letter in a long long time, Bill. Thank you for showing us what is the most important thing in life.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Thank you for your very kind words. My Warrior Woman and I always wonder, naively perhaps, why everyone doesn't think this way about their spouse, lover, best friend, and partner in life, love, happiness, grief, good times or bad, clutching and holding near and dear to each other on this roller-coaster we call life.

It saddens us both when we hear of a couple of 20-years or more splitting up, musing that they were only rookies and did not give love a chance. There is nothing so dear to us as each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home