Wednesday, April 05, 2006

On a Personal Nose:

posted by The Vidiot @ 5:35 PM Permalink

A funny thing happened on the way to the pharmacist.

Spring is in the air ... literally. I suffer twice a year from allergies. Spring and Fall, (duh!) so when the pollen count went above the Dow I went to my local CVS for some Sudafed.

There were at least a dozen different drugs for allergies in the aisle, but no sudafed. Having lived with this condition twice a year for ... a turtle's age, I asked the pharmacist 'where's my allergy meds?'

He pointed to the shelf behind him and the imposing counter. Then he brought out a ledger, asked for my driver's license, notated the number, had me sign for the OTC meds, and eventually gave me the package of 30 pills.

In comparison, awhile ago I had a wisdom tooth extracted. I took the 'scrip in and the same pharmacist handed me a heroin substitute with no questions.

WTF is going on when you can purchase a Schedule 1 drug easier than OTC allergy relief? [/rant]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home