Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Lost in translation

posted by The Vidiot @ 5:54 PM Permalink

What they say ... and what they mean
When he said:"we will not hesitate to act alone, if necessary, to exercise our right of selfdefense by acting preemptively"

What he meant:"Strength lies not in defense, but in attack."
What I say: While I wouldn't want to violate Godwin's Law, Ya just gotta wonder about the similarities in those statements.

When he said:"My message to the Iraqi people is this: Seize the moment"

What he meant: "Bring it on"
What I say: How freakin' disconnected can he be to actually encourage Iraqis to 'seize the moment'!? Well, at least Bush didn't call for a crusade ... oops, sorry, Bush already did that.

When he said:"Rumsfeld said that many U.S. troops have already been brought home."

What he meant: many U.S. troops have already been brought home ... in transfer tubes.
What I say: 1,500 U.S. Troops in Kuwait Going to Iraq
and
50,000 U.S. Troops In Iraq For Decades
and
Pentagon: Iraq insurgency steady until ‘07

I really wish I had some great closer, but my snark deserted me and my frumious bandersnatch has yet to arrrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home