Tuesday, November 14, 2006

WHAT did I tell you?

posted by The Vidiot @ 8:35 AM Permalink

I hate being right.
Excerpt: Senator Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut said yesterday that he will caucus with Senate Democrats in the new Congress, but he would not rule out switching to the Republican caucus if he starts to feel uncomfortable among Democrats.
I can't STAND Lieberman. It's visceral. I can't even look at the guy. He's such a turncoat. When he kept his name as Senator on the ticket when he was running as Gore's VP? That REALLY got me. Then there was that lame comment he made during the recount fiasco and I knew he was worthless. I have no problem with the fact that he was elected by Connecticut republicans. And by switching to the GOP, he'd only be doing their bidding. (That's if you believe the machines didn't give him the win.)

But hear me now; here is my prediction:

If we pressure our reps to start impeachment hearings, if it looks like, ON ANY LEVEL, Bush and/or Cheney could end up facing serious charges, Lieberman will run, not walk, to the GOP side and shut down the democrat-led committees.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I am not.

Update: A post over at Josh Marshall's blog suggests that Lieberman will stay right where he is, knowing full well that in 2008, the GOP will lose and lose big and he would again be a member of the minority, something NO senator wants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home