Thursday, March 22, 2007

Book Rec

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:41 AM Permalink

I don't normally recommend books and things, but I have to seriously say, start reading the DMZ graphic novel series and start reading them now. DMZ stands for De-Militarized Zone and it's about how the militia out west, as a response to the US government's constant war and taxation, started a free army that eventually made its way to New Jersey and the United States of America and the Free Army were at a standoff over Manhattan. NYC then is a DMZ; it's neither part of the Free Army or the US. It's a free, violent, anarchistic place. VERY cool.

I never thought I'd get into a friggin' comic book (Oh, sorry, they call them "graphic novels" so the grownups who read them don't feel like childish idiots.)

I just finished Volume 2 and now I have to wait until August for the 3rd installment.

Arghhh.

But SO worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home