Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Thank You to Toast

posted by Bill Arnett @ 11:48 AM Permalink


As with most people I can sometimes stand so close to a tree that I can't see the forrest. Yesterday I posted an article about our approaching 4,000 dead Americans in Iraq, something that, sadly, we will see all too soon, but as alert reader Toast very kindly pointed out to me, that time is certainly farther down the calendar than this month.

I made a very basic mathematical error that I did not catch because of my sensitivity to this issue of our military being destroyed and our people dying for oil that we could have purchased legitimately instead of taking America to war to steal it.

At any rate, suffice it to say that I am very grateful to Toast for pointing out my error to me in a very low-key, classy manner, and I wanted to explain the reason I pulled the post: I just simply "slipped a gear" and erred badly on the math.

Thank you, Toast.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Toast said...

You're welcome. :-)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

It's easy to make mistakes. It's hard to admit them.

Nice work Bill.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't so hard when ya make as many as I do! (snark)Thank you again, toast, for your graciousness in pointing out my error.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again, toast, for your graciousness in pointing out my error.

You know what's sad? My first thought wasn't "Oh, he must have made a mistake." My first thought was "Oh, shit, is something really unbelievably bad about to happen in Iraq and I just haven't heard about it?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home