Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A quick word about the movie "Ironman"…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 11:16 AM Permalink

…I know not everybody is nuts about the many movies released based upon comic books, but I gotta tell ya, just like they say, "If you can only see one movie this year, make it this one!"

Robert Downey, Jr does an absolutely stellar job as millionaire industrialist playboy Tony Stark. When he finds out (in Afghanistan) that the best and most lethal of the weapons Stark Industries produces have fallen into the hands of the enemy he is horrified.

Captured there, Tony builds a rudimentary Ironman suit he uses to escape his captors, and when he returns to Stark Industries he has a real epiphany, realizing he has been responsible for s-o-o-o many lives lost that he decides to build a real combat version of his original Ironman. The game is on.

I'm a real aficionado of this genre of films so I knew I'd like it, but this is totally the most mind-blowing, rip-roaring, special effects extravaganza with a such a compelling story that it left me practically gasping for breath like no other movie I can think of, including Spiderman and the X-men.

It is a 2 hr 6 min roller coaster blast that seems like it lasts a half hour, which is to me a sure characteristic of a great movie.

GO SEE THIS ONE, I'll guarantee fun for all. (Gwyneth Paltrow is stunning as well!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

I agree with you. Had a great time. Did you stay until the end, AFTER ALL of the credits?

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absotively and posilutely!

What an incredibly fun and exciting film!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home