Tuesday, October 28, 2008

John McCain's latest lie…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 10:45 AM Permalink

…is that he has "been fighting since he was seventeen to protect this country."

John McCain was born in April 1936. John McCain didn't enter the Naval Academy (hardly a fighting organization) until June of 1954. John McCain was 18 at that time. John McCain didn't graduate from the Academy until 1958 (I have been unable to determine the month in which he graduated in 1958, but I will presume June).John McCain, therefore, did not start serving this country until he was 22 years-old and did not fly in combat until 1967 in Vietnam.

I tell you, unless he is just a blatant liar, the man is senile and can't remember when he did what.

And this would be the man some people would trust to not launch nukes at the first opportunity?

Note: This is the claim McLame is making:
I've been fighting for this country since I was seventeen years old, and I have the scars to prove it. If I'm elected President, I will fight to shake up Washington and take America in a new direction from my first day in office until my last. I'm not afraid of the fight, I'm ready for it.
An outright lie.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home