Friday, October 03, 2008

See

posted by The Vidiot @ 3:33 PM Permalink

I get why they did this video. I really do.



It's just that, anyone who says "I'm not voting" immediately get's shot down, gets looked at funny, verbally assaulted, you name it, they're made to feel like a freak. But really, who's the freak? The person who believes that the vote is counted? The person who believes that everyone who can vote does? The person who believes that everyone who wants to vote can? The person who believes that the media doesn't select the candidates ahead of time so that in the end, it's nothing but a choice between the lesser of two evils? There are so many fallacies wrapped up in the voting process, from the method to the results, from the idea of a candidate and the reality of a politician, that it seems more like believing in faeries than anything tangible.

I dunno. Quite a conundrum. I can see why one would think that voting is our only way to fight back. But I can also certainly see that fighting back is the only way to fight back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home