Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Now the cat's out of the bag

posted by The Vidiot @ 6:25 PM Permalink

Or rather, the truth can finally be told. Obama's choice to head NASA is a military man.
A retired Air Force major general could soon be heading up the US space program after being tapped by president-elect Barack Obama to take over at the helm of NASA, a transition team source said Wednesday.
There has always been talk that NASA was really a secret arm of the military, launching weapons in space and secret military satellites and so on. Might as well make it official I guess.

I don't know how I feel about that. Well, actually, YES I DO.

It's bad. The military isn't interested in exploring, it's interested in utilizing. Maybe I was raised on too much "Star Trek" but I think space belongs to everybody and should be explored, not exploited.

Damn you, Obam!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home