Thursday, January 08, 2009

You'd think my reaction would be different

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:50 AM Permalink

When I heard Oakland had some rioting due to that shooting by police, you'd think I'd be all "bring it on" or "just like Greece" or something to that effect.

Well, the reporting on the protest makes me think otherwise.
The roving mob expressed fury at police and frustration over society's racial injustice. Yet the demonstrators were often indiscriminate, frequently targeting the businesses and prized possessions of people of color.
See, I can't for the life of me figure out why protesters would trash the property of the very people they're trying to support. It doesn't make sense, does it? No, it doesn't.

So, why? Are American protesters just stupid and dull? Why would protesters randomly trash property of the wrong people? Well, maybe they're not all real protesters. Sure, maybe some of them are and if they're reading this (which they're not but if they were) they'd be pissed at me for even suggesting such a thing. But I betchya' some of them aren't. I betchya' some of those 'protesters' were really FBI agents. I've mentioned it before, but there used to be an FBI program called COINTELPRO (Counter Intelligence Program) and what they'd end up doing is infiltrating a group and then inciting (entrapping) them to break the law. Generally, it's safe to assume that if someone is being stupid about violence, they're probably FBI.

What the Oakland protesters probably would've done, had there been no government agents involved, is -- and this is if they descended into trashing property at all -- they would've trashed police cars, police property, and then, like Greece, turned on any large corporate property in the near vicinity.

Unless of course the reporting is just completely bogus... which, since it's print, is totally possible.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home