Friday, January 09, 2009

UBUNTU Rocks!

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:08 AM Permalink

Finally got around to weaning Mr. Vidiot off of the MS poison. I have now, all by myself, backed up his files, installed UBUNTU, got his wireless to work, downloaded all updates, reloaded his files INCLUDING his Firefox bookmarks and all I can say is....

WOW.

I mean, WOW.

It's free. It works. It looks decent.

I'm VERY impressed, both with the system AND with myself.

WooHoo! Yay for me.

OK, sorry. I had to toot my own horn. I'm a dork, not a computer geek so I'm just a little shocked I managed to pull it off.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Editor said...

Next you will find yourself messing around with Puppy Linux installed on a Flashdrive or checking out the latest GOS distro.
I believe you have let the Genie out of the bottle!
Have fun!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Editor said...

oh...and by the way, hotlinking to an image is frowned upon. (Ubuntu logo) Blogger will host images for you...it just takes a few more steps. And you can edit the resulting image code to link the image to Ubuntu or wherever.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

i didn't mean to hotlink the image. I think it just happened because I put the URL of the image in instead of downloading and then uploading. I was using the "new" machine. It felt wrong to soil it like that before Mr. Vidiot has even gotten a crack at it. I feel like it's the Magic Johnson of computers. It WAS infected with a disease (MicroSoft) and now it's not!

As for puppy linux?? Wah? Great. something else I have to google before I get down to some work.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Thanks D. Looks like the first thing I'll be doing tomorrow is creating a puppy flash drive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home